About Persatuan Alumni UM
The idea of forming the Persatuan Alumni Universiti Malaya was mooted in the mid-eighties but only in 1989 did it become a reality. Datin Paduka Seri Rosmah Mansor, wife of the Prime Minister of Malaysia is the Patron of the Alumni.
The Persatuan Alumni Universiti Malaya has five main objectives:
- to promote the interest and development of the University of Malaya.
- to promote fellowship, goodwill and harmony amongst members of the alumni in particular, and graduates of the University of Malaya in general.
- to provide opportunities for members to meet and fraternize with graduates of other universities, colleges, polytechnics, and other professionals to pursue common interests.
- to provide facilities for academic, intellectual, social, cultural, sports, and recreational activities for members and their families.
- to promote national unity and matters of public and social interest among Alumni members.